About the Company:
A Community and Disability service providing state-wide high quality services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
Providing services from birth to early intervention and education services to children and their families/carers through to services to adults and the aged, including Home Care, Respite, Community Care, Allied Health, Support Coordination, Supported Accommodation and facility based respite.
About the Role:
The Physiotherapist Coordinator is responsible for providing services for internal and external clients accessing programmes within and external to our clients Community and Disability services. This could be yet is not limited to CHSP and NDIS and privately funded participants, as well as the Short Term Restorative Programme, and the Home Care and Lifestyle and Respite programmes.
As a Physiotherapist you will develop and implement high quality person centred Physiotherapy services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
The Physiotherapist Coordinator is required to supervise a small team of Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists and Exercise Physiologist/s to ensure service excellence. The Coordinator is responsible for the effective management of these teams and the smooth running of systems and functions; you will lead the team, provide training and ensure targets are met.
The role will be:
- To provide high quality person centred Physiotherapy home and community based service delivery with a diverse client group, including assessment and development of comprehensive goal orientated treatment and care plans, equipment prescription and report writing
- To ensure the delivery and provision of high quality person centred Massage and Exercise Physiology service delivery with a diverse client group, including assessment and development of comprehensive goal orientated treatment and care plans, equipment prescription and report writing
- To utilise standardised assessment tools and outcome measures.
- Supervision of work practices of Physiotherapists, Massage therapists, Exercise Physiologists, Allied Health Assistants, Support Workers, clinical students and others providing clinical support ensuring best practice at all times.
- As a multidisciplinary team member, participate and contribute in care planning, treatment, review and discharge plans.
- To work collaboratively with team members, across various business units, to ensure achievement of organisational goals and the efficient delivery of services
- To initiate internal and external referrals for clients.
- To provide current Physiotherapy resources, education, advice and information to clients/residents and team members
- To actively support and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- To be able to work autonomously
- To identify opportunities to improve Allied health processes and practice to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- To actively participate in organisational workshops/committees and external networking opportunities as required.
- Tertiary Physiotherapy qualification with current registration with AHPRA
- Current driver’s licence and own car
- Current National Police check (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain one).
- Current DWES (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
- Award wages plus up to $15900 salary packaging
- Car provided
- Excellent mentoring and professional development.
- Autonomous working environment
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9696 3375. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Physiotherapist, Physio, physio, physiotherapist, PT, community, Community