About Our Client:
Our client is the Regional Public Health Service for the West Hume Sub Region
of Victoria, with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth and additional sites in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. They provide a range of acute, mental health, aged and primary health and community support services across the West Hume Sub Region.
About the Role:
The physiotherapist is responsible for providing high quality care that is client focused, effective and meets established standards of excellence.
The Physiotherapist will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the planning and implementation of high quality physiotherapy services for AACP clients. The physiotherapist is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of specific physiotherapy programs for both individuals and groups of clients.
This position is responsible for assisting in the co-ordination of student training program as well as supervision and mentoring of Grade 1 physiotherapists and Allied Health Assistants across AACP. Quality improvement and project work is an important aspect of the role to ensure ongoing best practice.
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Shepparton.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or equivalent and eligibility for membership of professional association.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum of 2 years relevant clinical experience working as a Physiotherapist within acute, subacute or community settings.
- Comprehensive understanding of physiotherapy practice across a range of clinical areas including neurological, musculoskeletal, respiratory, geriatric and palliative physiotherapy, clinical experience in individual client/groups assessment and management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external providers at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an inter-disciplinary team, including the ability to create and maintain effective professional relationships. - Excellent organisational skills and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage a diverse caseload.
- Experience in the supervision of undergraduates and allied health assistants.
- Demonstrated experience in participating in quality improvement activities.
- Commitment to quality improvement, professional development and mentoring
- Current Victorian drivers licence.
- Satisfactory National History Criminal Check prior to commencement of employment
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment (if Required)
- Experience working with frail older people, people with disabilities and their carers, and people living in rural communities.
- An ability to liaise with a broad range of regional service providers, equipment suppliers and members of the community.
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - email@example.com or 0402 367 899. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Physiotherapist, Physio, physio, physiotherapist, PT, Aged Care, aged care