About the Role:
Are you currently on a Working Holiday Visa? We are seeking a Speech Pathologist for a paediatric/outreach role in Darwin.
In this role, you will provide community allied health services within a multidisciplinary context, work across paediatrics predominantly, as well as some outreach work in rural and remote communities.
Provide assessment and therapy services in line with qualifications and experience to children, adolescents, families, and carers who present with a range of issues. Perform one-on-one interviews, therapy needs assessments, and diagnostic assessments with children, adolescents and families/carers (including from culturally and linguistically diverse populations) in high-standard clinical settings.
Canadian and UK-based therapists are also welcome to apply! There is also a number of short term contracts perfect for Working Holiday Visa applicants.
- $75K - $105K (depending on experience)
- Short term contracts on offer (perfect for travelling candidates)
- Opportunity to work FIFO/DIDO or undertake remote and outreach trips
- Relocation assistance available
- 5 weeks annual leave with annual leave loading
- Health & wellbeing program
- Work collaboratively and alongside some great and highly experienced clinicians in a transdisciplinary team
- Training in evidence-based, best practice assessment, therapy, and support programs
- Travel opportunities within a national network of clinics
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- SPA Registration
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal manner
- Ability to work constructively within a team, to observe and respect professional codes of conduct
- Self-motivated, flexible and friendly
- Previous experience working with children, families and carers is desirable
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to travel to remote communities if requested
- A strong ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures
- Working with children check
- Current National Police Clearance
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia or Eligible to work in Australia with either a WHV or as a NZ resident
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon - email@example.com or 0437 483 364.