About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Exercise Physiologist to take on a private practice role in Eastern Melbourne.
In this role, you will be taking on a neuro and orthopedic caseload, based in the clinic. Some of your duties will be but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver clinical care through a range of programs including NDIS, Private health/individually funded, and Chronic Disease Management Programs
- Perform clinical assessments and implement treatment plans for clients
- Deliver and implement both an active exercise-based approach and manual therapy as required dependent on the client’s needs
- Help empower and build a client’s confidence and skills to reach goals. This can include: providing training and practice, supporting client to trial a customised wheelchair, assistive technology, and/or making the appropriate referrals
- Follow-up and ongoing evaluation of client progress
- Working within a multidisciplinary team with opportunities of training and supervising therapy assistants to get the best outcomes for your clients
- Accurate report writing
This is a full-time, permanent position or part time position (3 days/ week minimum).
- $75K - $95K remuneration package (depending on experience)
- Flexible working days and hours to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Opportunity for growth in caseload
- Leadership opportunities in supervising/allocating students and allied health therapists to assist with client goals
- Opportunity for learning and gaining experience with robotic technology
- Tertiary qualified as an Exercise Physiologist
- Accredited membership with ESSA
- Experience in private practice (desirable)
- Previous neuro and orthopaedic experience (desirable)
- Passionate about health and well-being and making a real difference in the community as well as building long-lasting partnerships with clients
- Strong work ethic and commitment to clinical excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Tech savvy, strong organisational and time management skills
- A team player attitude
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status or medical exemption certificate
- National NDIS Worker Screening check/ current police record check within 1 year
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) - email@example.com or 0437 483 364. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.