About the Role:
Looking for a career change? We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety and Injury Manager in South East Melbourne.
Some of your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the prevention and minimisation of work-related injuries and coordinate the management of all Workers Compensation claims, as required
- Liaise, consult and meet with the relevant stakeholders –injured worker, treating practitioner, insurer etc. where appropriate –to support injured workers’ recovery at work, where required
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on all Injury Management matters
- Support all internal parties with information about developments in Injury Management matters
- Actively manage their area of responsibility by using initiative, suggesting ways of improving systems for greater efficiency and not back-delegating
- Implement the policy and procedures governing Injury Management and participate in audits and inspections to monitor compliance
The successful applicant will play an integral to the efficient operation of the organisation's safety department.
If you're keen to build strong relationships with mutliple stakeholders, whilst working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, this is the role for you!
- $106k including super
- Be a part of a leading international organisation
- Opportunity to problem-solve real business challenges
- Pool cars available
- Flexible work options with the ability to work from home up to 2 days per week (hybrid work model)
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications and relevant registration
- Previous experience in providing Return-to-Work support or employee relations support
- Previous experience providing Injury Management advice (desirable)
- A background in Allied Health is desirable but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of Injury Management practices and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An outcome-focused approach with the ability to make decisions
- Being highly organised with an ability to multitask and prioritise
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel and Microsoft office skills
- Great attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure
- Completion of a Return-to-Work Coordinator Certificate (desirable)
- Completion of a Cert IV in Injury Management (desirable)
- Australian driver's licence
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364.