About the Role:
We are currently looking for a passionate Counsellor or Mental Health Social Worker, for a role in a Paediatric Private Practice in Sydney's Northern Beaches.
In this role you will be required to provide warm, responsive and evidence-based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 16. You will be working in partnership with families to meet children’s goals and collaborating with speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, and special educators who are part of the practice's on-site multi-disciplinary team.
This is a part time position, 3-4 days per week with the opportunity to extend as the need builds.
If you're a Counsellor or Mental Health Social Worker looking for a change, apply now!
- Multi-disciplinary team
- Highly supportive team environment and culture
- Genuine professional development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary
- Achieve patient-centred outcomes
- Professional development opportunities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology or
- Membership with the ACA or full registration with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia OR accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker member of the AASW
- Full and current AHPRA registration
- Eligibility for Medicare Provider status
- Warm, caring interpersonal skills and a flexible, “can do” approach
- Experience working with children and families who have additional emotional, social and behavioural needs
- Experience in conducting assessments using tools such as WISC-V, WPPSI-III, WIAT, Conners
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, and proficient computer skills
- Willingness to contribute to a multidisciplinary team
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Permanent Australian Residency
- Ability to support kids and families outside school hours (e.g. after 4pm on weekdays and/or Saturdays)
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0459 990 360