Our client is a high-quality health provider, priding themselves on their friendly service and making a difference in their community.
Their team is comprised of experienced Occupational Therapists and support staff who are highly skilled, empathetic, and caring. They partner with NDIS coordinators and Home Care Package Providers to help people with a disability or elderly individuals live their best life. They also provide care for private and pediatric clients. They prioritise a healthy work life balance and are highly adaptive to make the role suit your lifestyle and the caseload suit your strengthens and passion!
We are currently searching for a motivated OT to join an incredible team in Mount Gambier, South Australia.
This role requires a motivated person who has empathy and drive to deliver the best service to the community. New grads right through to experienced more senior therapists who would like to step into a team leader role will be considered. Multiple roles are available across the Limestone Coast of South Australia, full or part time roles available.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Assessment and prescription of assistive equipment
- Assessment and planning of home modifications
- Provision of therapy to NDIS participants
- Provision of comprehensive functional and environmental assessments
- Comprehensive written reports
- Tailored exercise therapy and promotion
- Therapy supports including: fine motor skills, sensory profiling and assistance with daily living skills
- Housing assessments and home modifications
- Clear, frequent and open communication between support coordinators, case managers and families
- $73K - $98K + Super based on experience
- Car provided
- Relocation cost assistance
- Supervision sessions
- Professional Development
- Team Leadership opportunities available
- Variety in caseload and so many learning opportunities
- Work life balance
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Full AHPRA registration
- New graduates encouraged to apply
- Willingness to take advantage of new opportunities and exciting challenges.
- Motivation to learn and contribute new ideas to promoting best practice therapy
- Empathy towards individuals with a disability and elderly individuals
- Inspiration to make a real difference in someone's life
- Experience with NDIS and Home Care Package clients
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to proactively identify and meet expectations in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with team members, stakeholders and most importantly patients!
- Strong attention to detail skills with a focus on ensuring accurate preparation of documentation
- Current Driver's License and willingness to drive
- Active Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to undertake relevant worker screenings
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Eleanor Dwyer - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407 564 150.