Our client provides face to face and virtual allied health services to those in need in regional, rural and remote communities and locations in Australia. They are committed to a multi-disciplinary allied healthcare model, utilising emerging and existing technologies to assist clients. They specialise in the NDIS but their services are not limited to this area. Their team is committed to using capacity-building approaches that are relevant to the participant, family and community in achieving their goals.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Graduate Occupational Therapist to join a passionate, multi-disciplinary team in Cairns.
Your role objective largely involves delivering a comprehensive, person-centered allied healthcare model with a focus on the cultural context in which services are delivered. Some of your daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provision of high-quality generalist occupational therapy clinical services, covering a diverse range of conditions, and complexities across the lifespan
- Clinical care delivered across a combination of clinic, community and Telehealth services
- In-person and Telehealth service delivery both locally and to clients in rural and remote communities, which may include the participant’s home or other settings i.e. education, residential aged care and/or other community settings
- Gain exposure to working in regional, rural and remote communities
- Paediatric or adult caseloads available
- Excellent supervision + mentoring
- Genuine professional development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Great job satisfaction
- Competitive remuneration
- Bachelor qualification in Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a team
- Strong organisational skills
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to treat participants with a wide range of disabilities
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS (desirable)
- Current Police check
- Cleared Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Cleared NDIS Worker Screen Check
- Access to own car and current driver’s license
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.