Our client is a rapidly growing organisation who care about their employees and wants their employees to be part of their long term success. Our client was founded to provide trusting, compassionate and caring healthcare to individuals living with a disability and elderly individuals. Their core purpose is to make a difference to the life of the more vulnerable community on a daily basis.
Their team is comprised of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Exercise Physiologists who are highly experienced, empathetic, and caring. They partner with NDIS coordinators and Home Care Package Providers to help people with a disability or elderly individuals live their best life.
We are currently searching for a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to be part of this incredible growth story. If you are looking for a job that provides you immense joy and allows you to be part of an awesome team that helps make a difference each and every day then we'd love to hear from you.
This role requires a motivated person who has empathy and drive to deliver the best service to the vulnerable community. New grads right through to experienced more senior therapists who would like to step into a team leader role will be considered. This role covers the western suburbs of Melbourne.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Assessment and prescription of assistive equipment
- Assessment and planning of home modifications
- Provision of therapy to NDIS participants
- Provision of comprehensive functional and environmental assessments
- Comprehensive written reports
- Tailored exercise therapy and promotion
- Therapy supports including: fine motor skills, sensory profiling and assistance with daily living skills
- Housing assessments and home modifications
- Clear, frequent and open communication between support coordinators, case managers and families
- $80-$90K based on experience
- NO KPI for MINIMUM BILLABLE HOURS
- Laptop and Phone
- Fuel card or travel allowance
- Supervision sessions
- Copious amounts of Professional Development
- Variety in case load and so many learning opportunities
We SMILE a lot, we have each other's back, we pride ourselves on our service delivery and we celebrate the wins! We make choices that help our team, our stake holders and our patients. Most importantly we CARE!
In house CPD and a culture based around goals, looking after each other and giving back. You will spend the first 3 weeks in your role shadowing other therapists and learning from their approach to patient care. You will have weekly sessions with your supervisor for continual improvement as well as access to a external therapy consultant to enhance your skills and continue to develop.
We don’t set ridiculous KPIs for minimum billing – we trust you will deliver best service to our participants and we are here to support you along the way.
We can help you grow and develop with opportunity for career progression – we are rapidly growing and we want you to be part of our growth story and become a leader.
Progression over time to flexible working and 4 day work week ideal for different life stages.
Be part of an AWESOME team with regular culture days.
Like all the awesome team, you are a driven and energetic professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills. You love to roll up your sleeves and make things happen. You show a lot of heart and have a “can do” attitude. You don't sit back and let things happen, you MAKE things happen and take initiative to identify ways to improve. You’re unquestionably an empathetic, caring and kind person.
You’ll also have:
- Willingness to take advantage of new opportunities and exciting challenges.
- Motivation to learn and contribute new ideas to promoting best practice therapy
- Empathy towards individuals with a disability and elderly individuals
- Inspiration to make a real difference in someone's life
- A car to drive between client homes in the Western suburbs of Melbourne
- Experience with NDIS and Home Care Package clients
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to proactively identify and meet expectations in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with team members, stake holders and most importantly patients!
- Strong attention to detail skills with a focus on ensuring accurate preparation of documentation
- The ability to be a team player and not take yourself too seriously. You’ll be joining a team that is super supportive and loves a good laugh!
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Full AHPRA registration
- Active Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Car license and a car
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Kate Wilcox - email@example.com or 0459 990 360.