About the Company:
A Community and Disability service providing state-wide high quality services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
Providing services from birth to early intervention and education services to children and their families/carers through to services to adults and the aged, including Home Care, Respite, Community Care, Allied Health, Support Coordination, Supported Accommodation and facility based respite.
About the Role:
The Sonographer Grade 4 reports directly to the Chief Medical Imaging Technologist within Medical Imaging. This is a senior role demonstrating extensive knowledge of ultrasound imaging of the abdomen, superficial parts, musculoskeletal, obstetric, gynaecological and vascular structures. The Sonographer Grade 4 exercises clinical independence to ensure clinical and operational efficiency and patient safety using best practice, following established principles, ethics and code of conduct. The Sonographer Grade 4 works under the direction of the Modality Manager and exercises significant research and/or clinical independence to ensure operational targets.
- Perform imaging examinations of the highest possible quality to answer the clinical question, showing due consideration for needs and abilities/limitations of the patient.
- When sought by clinicians and within the scope of practice/competency, provide verbal advice regarding the imaging appearances.
- Coordinate and prioritise bookings in consultation with the Ultrasound Modality and Office Managers to maximise service efficiency and patient flow.
- Communicate with other staff members to facilitate teamwork and service excellence.
- Assist in the supervision of trainee sonographers as directed by the Modality Manager.
- Support service stability with transferable knowledge used to work across all ultrasound machines.
- Identify, recommend and promote to the Ultrasound Modality Manager measures to enhance operational performance and improve patient care.
- Ensure safe work practices and intervene when required.
- Monitor day to day use of equipment, consumables and work practices to ensure a safe workplace.
- Work with the Modality Manager to establish procedures to achieve cost effective and efficient approaches to managing resources and maximise patient throughput and efficiency
- Ensure accurate RIS/ PACS data entry and coding/billing of examinations for scans performed.
- Document findings with detailed and accurate information using the relevant worksheets.
- Adhere to the requirements of the patient identification protocols of the department and hospital.
- Provide a high quality service to internal customers and consumers that reflects best practice and adds value to the health services
- Assist the organisation in achieving clinical effectiveness by providing the appropriate systems,
information or services to clinical areas.
- Bring concerns regarding staff misconduct and/or incompetency to the attention of the Chief MIT
- Participate in shift and on call rosters as operationally required
- Punctuality during rostered hours and accountability for claimed recall events and overtime
- Other duties as requested by the Chief MIT or their delegate within the scope of this position
- Maintenance of registration with the Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry (ASAR) and working within scope of practice.
- Compliance with ASAR requirements for oversight of trainee sonographers.
- Compliance with core competencies and training requirements as outlined in the Health Service's Education Framework
- Award wages plus up to $15900 salary packaging
- Car provided
- Excellent mentoring and professional development.
- Autonomous working environment
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364.
Sonographer, sonographer, radiographer, Radiographer