Our client is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to promote healthy, respectful and fulfilling relationships within the Victorian community. Their passionate team of health professionals works diligently to provide a range of services across Individual Counselling, Relationship Counselling, Family Therapy, Relationship Learning Services, Family Dispute Resolution and Mediation and Family Violence Prevention Programs.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a passionate clinician to take on a Mental Health Counsellor role in Melbourne's South East.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing counselling and assessment services for individuals, couples and/or families. Maintain your own client caseload and develop strong working relationships. Co-facilitate safe and timely psycho-educational group programs, provide EAP services in consultation with the Workplace Service Manager, refer clients to internal or external services as appropriate and identify and follow up risk issues as required.
This is a full-time or part-time position for 6-months, with the possibility of extension.
If you're a Registered Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker, or Mental Health Occupational Therapist looking for a change, apply now!
- Not-for-profit organisation
- Flexibility, full-time or part-time considered
- $43-55/ hour plus super
- Achieve patient-centered outcomes
- Professional development opportunities
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Nursing
- Professional registration with APHRA or AASW
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in counselling (focused psychological strategies)
- Demonstrated understanding of client centred practice, risk assessment and safety planning
- Experience working with diverse clientele including people who use family violence and/or victim survivors is highly desirable
- Experience in psycho-educational group programs, EAP counselling and critical incident responses is desirable
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and with autonomy and effective time management
- Highest ethical and professional standing
- Computer literacy
- Working with Children Check
- Current Police Check
- Current driver's licence
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon - email@example.com or 0437 483 364.