About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Social Worker for Residential Aged Care in East / South East Melbourne, VIC!
The Senior Social Work Practitioners will be required to provide counselling and psychological support to residents living in residential aged care facilities (RACFs), while providing supervision and guidance to student practitioners in the program. Each practitioner will be responsible for maintaining a case load of clients and providing support to and supervising a small team of students. You will provide individualized therapeutic interventions tailored to support older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns who are living in RACFs.
As an in-reach service all staff and students will be based and integrated into Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF) across the Region. Practitioners will also be required to attend and work independently from other RACFs where needed.
If you are a Social Worker with minimum of 2 years practitioner experience in relevant sectors, please apply now!
- Salary packaging option available of up to $15,900
- Flexible location based on applicant needs
- Excellent mentoring and professional development
- Flexible work arrangements
- Positive and supportive team culture
- Generous professional development allowance
- Access to ADO once a month for full time employees
- Reputable External Partnerships with other leading organisations
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Reward & Recognition celebrated annually
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work (essential)
- Social Work - Mental Health Accreditation (desired)
- Membership or eligibility for membership of AASW
- A strong interest/ experience in the aged care sector
- Experience supervising clinical staff or students
- Australian drivers licence (essential)
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B. Occ Thy) - email@example.com or 0402 367 899. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.