Our client is a not-for-profit organisation which provides residential aged care, affordable house, retirement living, senior support, disability, carer and education services across Victoria and south New South Wales.
Built upon the values of respect, compassion and inclusion, this highly supportive company is committed to working with people of all ages and abilities, to help them remain connected to the community and achieve their individual goals.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a full-time Speech Pathologist to take on a Community and Disability role based in Wantirna.
As a passionate Speech Pathologist, you will provide services for a diverse disability and aged care clients, caseload assessing and addressing client care needs. Plan, deliver and evaluate high quality person centred Speech Pathology services to clients which build on clients' strengths, needs and priorities. Support inclusion and participation in the community, and work collaboratively with clients and their support networks.
Implement and evaluate training for clients, staff and carers in area of expertise, and participate in care planning, treatment, review and discharge plans.
This is a full-time position, with immediate start available
- Supportive work environment
- Career development
- Great team culture
- Tertiary Speech Pathology qualification
- Current registration with Speech Pathology Australia
- Current First Aid, CPR and DWES (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in high quality person-centred service delivery
- Experience in assessment of comprehensive treatment plans
- Skills in utilising standardised assessment tools and outcome measures
- Knowledge of working within a positive behaviour support framework
- Understanding of communication, eating and swallowing and the common conditions that can affect these mechanisms
- Knowledge of the signs and implications of swallowing difficulty and the risk
- Experience in treating clients with complex conditions
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships, building rapport and liaising with relevant stakeholders
- Well-developed writing and problem-solving skills
- High standard of professional ethics
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain one)
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364.
Speech Pathologist, speech pathologist, Speech Pathologist, speech pathologist, SLP, slp, Speechie, speechie, Speech and Language Therapist, speech and language therapist, Paediatrics, peadiatrics, Paeds, paeds