Our client is a paediatric speech pathology clinic, which strives to make a positive difference in the lives of pre-school and school aged children with communication difficulties.
This private clinic provides a client focused service with clear goals and treatment plans. They primarily assess and treat pre-school and school aged children, who demonstrate or are at risk of demonstrating developmental delays and specific communication difficulties.
About the Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Paediatric Speech Pathologist to join a dynamic and supportive private practice in Berwick.
Assess and diagnose clients with a range of communication disorders, including developmental delays. Treat and manage a caseload effectively and ethically, varying across ASD/Autism, Language difficulties, social difficulties, articulation, some literacy or stuttering.
Adopt a multidisciplinary approach in treating a broad range of clients, by working with teachers, psychologists and other health care professionals to achieve the best outcomes for clients and families.
Write reports in relation to assessments and Medicare requirements, participate in team meetings as required, and review clients as necessary based on individual needs. Work clinically based, with the potential to outsource to schools and preschools if desired.
This is a full-time position, but part-time will also be considered.
- Mentoring and supervision
- Highly supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing education and training
- Well resourced clinic, including a wide range of assessments
- Membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Proficient communication, organisational and computer skills
- Caring interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach towards job responsibilities
- Minimum of 1 year experience (new grads also considered)
- Experience working with preschool and school aged children
- Skills in assessing and managing common presenting issues (desired)
- Experience in supporting children on the Autism Spectrum (desired)
- Current drivers licence
- Working with Children Check
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.
Speech Pathologist, speech pathologist, SLP, slp, Speechie, speechie, Speech and Language Therapist, speech and language therapist, Paediatrics, paediatrics, Paeds, paeds