Our client is a non-for-profit organisation that concentrates on rural and remote children’s developmental, mental and behavioural health. They provide multidisciplinary health, education and disability services for country children aged up to 12, via telecare and through community outreach.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Clinical Psychologist in South East Sydney.
The focus of the role is based around a comprehensive health program for children from rural and remote regions of New South Wales who are facing complex developmental, mental health and behavioural challenges.
The role also focuses on supporting children who do not have access to specialist paediatric services by offering multidisciplinary assessment, diagnosis, and treatment either face to face or through telecare. We also help families to connect with local services and liaise with their local schools.
Services are delivered to rural and remote families via telehealth, and on occasion, outreach trips to communities.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity, working both onsite and from home (telehealth).
- Structured Induction program
- Multidisciplinary work; face-to-face services to children seeking assessment services or intervention
- Established Telehealth program: extensive training, online resources, and admin support
- HP Laptop and an additional monitor provided
- Career progression opportunities
- Work-life balance with opportunities to take leave during school holidays
- WFH and flexible work arrangements are available
- $115K - $125K including salary packaging
- Accredited postgraduate Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology and full registration with AHPRA
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Minimum 3 years experience as an endorsed Clinical Psychologist
- Experience providing therapy to children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- An understanding of trauma-informed practice and experience delivering trauma-informed services and working with children in out of home care
- Experience in clinical risk management
- Demonstrated experience working in a paediatric multidisciplinary team setting to provide assessment and diagnostic services.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability work well in a team.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Board Approved Supervisor status (desirable)
- Experience working in a school setting or in collaboration with schools (desirable)
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.