Our client is a non-for-profit organisation that concentrates on rural and remote children’s developmental, mental and behavioural health. They provide multidisciplinary health, education and disability services for country children aged up to 12, via telecare and through community outreach.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a full-time Clinical Psychologist in South East Sydney.
The focus of the role is to provide psychology services to support students in rural and remote preschools and primary schools across Australia. These schools are supported by a collaborative multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, speech pathologists and occupational therapists. A substantial portion of the caseload is individual therapy, however there are also opportunities to provide assessment services, group therapy, support to parents/carers and deliver professional development to school staff.
Services are delivered to rural and remote families via telehealth, and on occasion, outreach trips to communities.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity, working mostly from home (telehealth).
- Structured Induction program
- Multidisciplinary work; face-to-face services to children seeking assessment services or intervention
- Established Telehealth program: extensive training, online resources, and admin support
- HP Laptop and an additional monitor provided
- Career progression opportunities
- Work-life balance with opportunities to take leave during school holidays
- WFH and flexible work arrangements are available
- $90K - $110K including salary packaging
- Accredited postgraduate Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology and full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience providing therapy to children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability work well in a team.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Experience delivering group programs to children.
- Experience in providing assessment including administration of Weschler assessments and questionnaires assessing developmental, behavioural, social and emotional concerns.
- Experience working in a school setting or in collaboration with schools (desirable)
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones - email@example.com or 0402 367 899.