About the Company:
A Community and Disability service providing state-wide high-quality services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
Providing services from birth to early intervention and education services to children and their families/carers through to services to adults and the aged, including Home Care, Respite, Community Care, Allied Health, Support Coordination, Supported Accommodation and facility-based respite.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join a leading not-for-profit in Melbourne's East.
In this role, you will be responsible for improving the quality of life of NDIS participants by providing person centre, positive behaviour support to the individual, including developing resources and training to help support workers understand and meet the needs of the client in their care. You will provide comprehensive advice and support to all relevant stakeholders including NDIS participants, their support staff, family and support networks in the use of positive behaviour support approaches. This is a fulfilling role where you will focus on providing clients with a disability more independent, meaningful and positive experiences in their daily life.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Attractive remuneration - salary packaging of up to $15,900
- Autonomous working environment
- $1500 yearly PD allowance
- A relevant qualification in Allied Health and relevant registration
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing positive behaviour support
- Experience undertaking functional behaviour analyses and developing behaviour support plans that aim to understand and replace/reduce behaviours of concern
- Knowledge of the impact of complex conditions (including trauma) that may impact people with a disability and their carers
- Desire to support people with complex disabilities to have an improved quality of life
- Demonstrated capacity to stay up to date with best practice in positive behaviour support
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships, building rapport and liaising with relevant stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience in provision of advice that is sensitive and confidential
- High standard of professional ethics
- Excellent communication skills
- Current driver’s licence
- Current National Police check (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current Disability Worker Exclusion List Check (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current NDIS Worker Screening check ( or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (or a willingness to obtain one)
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and register your expression of interest. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, contact Danielle Weedon - email@example.com or 03 9696 3375.