Our client provides a wide range of services to support healthy living and social connections. Their Melbourne-based community health services and programs achieve results for those who need them most. their team of passionate health professionals work hard to ensure that you are provided with the support you deserve to live a happier and healthier life.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Grade 2 Occupational Therapist for a community health role in Melbourne's South East.
In this role, you will provide Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention for adults in the community who may be experiencing ageing, disability or chronic illness, and support them to live healthy, independent and socially connected lives in our community.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team, focusing on the principles of wellness, reablement and restorative care. Independently managed a caseload of clients and mentor junior OTs and Allied Health Assistants in the team to provide the best level of service.
This is a permanent full-time position.
- Not-for-profit organisation
- Multidisciplinary team
- Attractive remuneration, including salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- Autonomous working environment
- A relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy and relevant registration
- Prior experience in provision of OT in the community, in particular prescription of home modifications and adaptive equipment to enhance safety and independence in daily living
- A strong commitment to delivering high levels of customer service using a person-centred approach
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and verbal & written communication skills with the ability to adapt these to people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds
- A willingness to engage in continuous improvement of professional practice, including self-directed learning, supervision and mentoring of others and participation in service development tasks
- Demonstrated ability to prepare briefings, case notes, reports and recommendations in a professional and considered manner
- A current Victorian drivers license
- A current Working With Children Check
- A current Police Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check if applicable
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and register your expression of interest. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - email@example.com or 0402 367 899.