About the Role:
We are currently looking for a School Psychologist / Counsellor to take on a new role at an Independent School in Melbourne, VIC.
The School Psychologist/ Counsellor role is integral in the development and implementation of programmes and policies that foster positive mental health of students, as well as the provision of psychological support in response to crisis management needs and consultancy to teaching staff regarding student concerns. You will provide both individual and group interventions with the aim of being proactive and preventive.
If you are an experienced Registered Psychologist, passionate about working with children and youth, please apply now!
This is a 12-month, fixed-term contract with the flexibility of being full-time or part-time.
- Friendly working environment
- Supportive + collaborative team
- Flexible working environment
- Attractive remuneration
- Support for continued professional development
- An opportunity to make a real difference in the development and lives of children and youth
- Full registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Previous counselling experience working with children and adolescence
- Experience in psychological assessment of school-aged children and adolescents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Well-developed resilience and ability to balance personal well-being in challenging situations
- Registered Psychologist (PBA and APS)
- Valid VIC Working with Children Check
- Valid COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Contraindication Exemption
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Taisha Petulla - email@example.com or 0401 901 628.