About Our Client:
Our client is the Regional Public Health Service for the West Hume Sub Region
of Victoria, with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth and additional sites in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. They provide a range of acute, mental health, aged and primary health and community support services across the West Hume Sub Region.
About the Role:
The Physiotherapy Department provides comprehensive Physiotherapy services to emergency, acute and subacute inpatients and acute outpatients. The Acute Inpatient team comprises of 6 physiotherapists and several AHAs.
The physiotherapist is responsible for providing high quality care that is client focused, effective and meets established standards of excellence. The Physiotherapist will function as a member of the interdisciplinary team and be responsible for the planning and implementation of high quality physiotherapy services for acute inpatients, emergency department patients and some outpatients.
The physiotherapist is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of specific physiotherapy programs for both individuals and groups of patients. The Physiotherapist role has a mixed caseload including orthopaedics, multi-trauma, post surgical, musculoskeletal,acute neurological and cardiorespiratory conditions.
The Grade 2 position is responsible for assisting in the supervision and mentoring of Grade 1 physiotherapists and Allied Health Assistants across, acute and outpatient physiotherapy as well as co-ordination of student training programs in the acute system. The Grade 2 Physiotherapist will provide comprehensive physiotherapy services to patients admitted to the acute unit. The acute unit comprises of surgical, medical wards and intensive care in addition to the emergency department and Physiotherapy outpatients.
This is a full time permanent position, although a fixed term position may be considered depending on applicant, with start date flexible. Hours are Monday – Friday, starting between 7.30 and 8.30, with a 4pm and 5pm finish. Some rostered weekend work also.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and eligibility for membership of Australian Physiotherapy Association.
- Clinical experience and knowledge regarding evidence based physiotherapy interventions in the acute inpatient setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical practice in rapid assessment and planning models including integrated service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of patient flow and discharge planning including transition of patients through the healthcare system.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate clinical outcomes and practice based on evidence and research.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a proven ability to effectively manage and negotiate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Sound communication and influencing skills within an inter-professional team environment, with an ability to engage key stakeholders.
- Current Victorian drivers licence.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with plenty of acute inpatient work for the Gr1 and at least 4 years for the Gr2 is required.
- One months free accommodation to assist if moving for the role
- Wages as per the Victorian Health Professionals award
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.
Physiotherapist, Physio, physio, physiotherapist, PT, Acute, acute