About Our Client:
Our client is the Regional Public Health Service for the West Hume Sub Region
of Victoria, with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth and additional sites in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. They provide a range of acute, mental health, aged and primary health and community support services across the West Hume Sub Region.
About the role:
The CAMHS Clinician will work in partnership with consumers, carers, families and other service providers to provide high quality occupational therapy/clinical psychological/psychiatric nursing/social work and mental health assessment, treatment and consultation services within a recovery oriented framework.
The CAMHS has recently undergone a redesign process, and is responsible for providing tertiary level mental health care to children and young people under the age of 18 years. The service has an ACT (Access Community Consultation and Brief Treatment) Team, responsible for intake, initial assessment, brief intervention and consultation services.
The CARE team (Comprehensive Assessment and Recovery) provides mental health care for young people and their families requiring longer term care. The CAMHS clinician will be responsible for managing a defined caseload of young people who are experiencing high risk or complex mental health conditions in the CARE team, as well as participating in the ACT team as required.
This role is permanent full-time, based in Seymour Victoria.
- The successful applicant will have one of the following qualifications:
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia, Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency.
- Approved degree in Social Work, or other qualifications approved for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency in accordance with the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009 – Psychology Board of Australia.
- Registered as a Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority with approved/endorsed postgraduate qualifications in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Minimum of post qualification experience in child and youth public mental health.
- Experience and expertise in the provision of assessment, treatment planning and intervention for children and adolescents with a mental health disorder.
- Experience in working collaboratively with healthcare, welfare and education agencies to support young people in addressing mental health concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and interdependently as a member of a multidisciplinary team, with evidence of excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation and frameworks for recovery oriented practice pertaining to working in mental health with children, youth and their families.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Incumbent required to undergo a National Criminal History Check.
- Incumbent required to hold a current Working with Children Check valid for employment purposes.
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - email@example.com or 0402 367 899.
Nurse, nurse, Mental Health, mental health, Occupational Therapist, OT, ot, Psychologist, psychologist, Psych, psych, Social Worker, social worker, Clinician, clinician