Our Client is a team of dynamic, experienced and supportive Occupational Therapists who are all passionate about providing the best service possible to their clients, so they can live more happily and independently. They also work closely with their families and support them to meet their child’s needs.
They are one of Sydney’s longest-running private paediatric occupational therapy practices — they have been helping children on the North Shore and Northern Beaches for over 20 years.
About the Role:
Our client is looking for a New Grad or Experienced Occupational Therapist to join their team. You will be working with children and adolescents from 0-18 years with a variety of needs including being on the autism spectrum, sensory processing difficulties, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, and learning difficulties.
You will primarily be based in a school setting, as well as providing one-on-one and group therapy sessions, based at our Balgowlah clinic.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with AHPRA
- Eligibility for membership with Occupational Therapy Australia
- New Grad or Experienced as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Experience working with children with sensory processing disorders, autism spectrum disorders, sensory and learning difficulties
- Experience administering standardised and non-standardised assessments for children
- Ability to develop rapport with children, parents and other health professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Driver’s license and own car available at all times (as school visits may be required)
- Ability to write blog posts that communication complex concepts in an accessible way
- Understanding of business and marketing principles and activities
- Basic marketing skills
- Teaching and guidance from senior clinicians with decades of experience
- Fortnightly supervision with a senior Occupational Therapist
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to pursue your own paediatric clinical interests
- Opportunities to develop your own therapeutic programmes
- Opportunities to contribute your ideas to develop services
- Research participation opportunities
- The chance to work in some of Sydney’s leading private and public schools
- Fun, supportive team and environment
- Modern clinics on the North Shore and Northern Beaches
- Staff social events
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.
Occupational Therapist, occupational therapist, Occupational therapist, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, OT ot O.T. o.t., Occ Therapist, occ therapist, Occ therapist, OCC Therapist, OCC THERAPIST, Paediatrics, paediatrics, paeds, Paeds