About Our Client:
Our client is the Regional Public Health Service for the West Hume Sub Region
of Victoria, with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth and additional sites in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. They provide a range of acute, mental health, aged and primary health and community support services across the West Hume Sub Region.
About the Role:
The position is responsible for the coordination of efficient and effective physiotherapy services in the acute inpatient setting. The Acute Clinical Lead Physiotherapist is immediately responsible to the Physiotherapy Manager and will work in partnership with all clinical staff including medical directors and nursing leaders to ensure an integrated and coordinated person centred focus of clinical care. Acute inpatient services include medical and surgical wards, ICU and in particular the new Rapid Assessment and Planning Unit (RAPU). This position will include a clinical caseload and an inter-professional approach to allied health referrals and service delivery in RAPU.
The Acute Clinical Lead Physiotherapist will:
- Be responsible for the planning and coordination of integrated physiotherapy services in the acute inpatient setting and as such will provide clinical leadership to the physiotherapy team in this setting, to ensure the delivery of high quality services.
- Be responsible for the implementation of Physiotherapy services to the new RAPU service model.
- Embed an inter-professional team based approach to RAPU referrals to ensure co-ordinated person centred services are delivered by allied health professionals.
The acute inpatient inter-professional teams are inclusive of dietetics, allied health assistance, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social work and speech pathology. These disciplines work in partnership with, medical and nursing staff. This role ensures optimal outcomes are achieved through evidence-based practice for clients and their families/carers.
The Physiotherapist in this positon will be responsible for the implementation and establishment of physiotherapy services to the RAPU including development of the referral triage process, formation of appropriate pathways and practise guidelines for this service. This service will sit alongside the medical unit physiotherapy program. The role will include co-ordination and supervision of the physiotherapy staff working in these areas to ensure effective prioritisation and co-ordination of physiotherapy interventions to ensure timely and effective care is delivered.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy.
- Current registration with the AHPRA and eligibility for membership of APA.
- Extensive clinical experience and/or expert knowledge regarding evidence based physiotherapy interventions in the acute inpatient setting.
- Sound experience and skills in leadership.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of patient flow and discharge planning.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate clinical outcomes and practice based on evidence and research.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, and effectively manage and negotiate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in clinical supervision, upskilling and mentoring processes of Grade 1 physiotherapists.
- Current Victorian drivers licence.
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Record Check.
- Post-graduate qualifications in relevant area of speciality and /or management or working toward same.
- Experience in service evaluation, service redesign, process improvement and change management.
- One months free accommodation to assist if moving for the role.
- Wages as per the Victorian Health Professionals award.
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.
Physiotherapist, Physio, physio, physiotherapist, PT, Acute, acute, clinical lead, Clinical Lead