A Community and Disability service providing state-wide high-quality services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
Providing services from birth to early intervention and education services to children and their families/carers through to services to adults and the aged, including Home Care, Respite, Community Care, Allied Health, Support Coordination, Supported Accommodation and facility-based respite.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Paediatric Occupational Therapist to take on an early intervention role in Melbourne's East.
In this role, you will be working as part of a trans-disciplinary team, to deliver high-quality, accountable early childhood intervention services to allocated families. Work closely with families to identify their child’s needs and provide direct therapy and education as necessary.
Provide Occupational Therapy programs through NDIS, and Medicare on “purchased service model” and act as a key worker/family service coordinator for allocated families. Consult with families about their needs and goals and develop Family Service and Support Plans that recognise and respond to identified needs.
This is a permanent full-time or part-time opportunity, working partly centre-based and partly in your client's homes.
- Excellent mentoring and professional development
- Attractive remuneration - salary packaging of up to $15,900
- Flexible work arrangements
- Autonomous working environment
- $1500 yearly PD allowance
- A relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy and relevant registration
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships, building rapport and liaising with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prepare briefings, case notes, reports and recommendations in a professional and considered manner
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide effective consultative skills that facilitate change through use of reflective and strength-based practice
- Ability to coach other transdisciplinary team members in areas of expertise
- A current Victorian drivers license
- A current Working With Children Check
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.