About Our Client:
Our client is the Regional Public Health Service for the West Hume Sub Region
of Victoria, with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth and additional sites in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. They provide a range of acute, mental health, aged and primary health and community support services across the West Hume Sub Region.
About the Role:
This position is supported by the Manager Community Rehabilitation Centre in the area of leadership, management and quality improvement.
The Physiotherapist will apply current evidence based practice and develop effective methods of patient management, communication and information sharing with other services and health professionals.
Key elements of this role:
- Provision of physiotherapy services – including assessment, treatment and management of patients within an independent caseload.
- Ensure appropriate care co-ordination, external referral follow up, discharge planning and education for patients and carers.
- Provision of advice and guidance for community and other providers regarding physiotherapy interventions.
- Work within the interdisciplinary team to co-ordinate rehabilitation programs and provide the best service and outcomes to patients.
- Assist in the co-ordination of physiotherapy and allied health assistant services within CRC.
- Assist in the co-ordination and supervision of physiotherapy student placements and allied health assistants within CRC.
- Lead and participate in quality improvement projects.
- Participate in regular departmental in-services, meetings and case conferences.
- Representation of the CRC at relevant meetings as required.
- Participation in departmental supervision program – including provision of supervision for junior staff, and own supervision.
- Provide a high quality service to internal clients that reflects best practice and adds value to.
- Assist the organisation in achieving clinical effectiveness by providing the appropriate systems, information or services to clinical areas.
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Shepparton.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or equivalent and eligibility for membership of professional association.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience, preferably with some time spent in community rehabilitation or similar.
- Looking for candidates with experience and particular interest in Neurological caseload.
- Comprehensive understanding of physiotherapy practice across a range of clinical areas including neurological, musculoskeletal, respiratory and geriatric physiotherapy.
- Desirable would be skills and particular interest in neurological physiotherapy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – within an interdisciplinary team and with internal and external providers.
- Experience in supervising undergraduates and allied health assistants.
- Experience in participating in quality improvement activities and projects.
- Current Victorian drivers licence.
- Satisfactory National History Criminal Check prior to commencement of employment.
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment.
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899.
Physiotherapist, Physio, physio, physiotherapist, PT, Rehabilitation, rehabilitation, Community, community