About the Role:
Join a National Rehabilitation Provider managing a caseload of defence clients on base in Oakey.
As a Rehabilitation Consultant you will provide professional and pro-active occupational rehabilitation to Eligible Personnel with an injury or illness.
- Conduct rehabilitation assessments of Eligible Personnel to determine their capacity to undertake a rehabilitation program
- Develop, deliver and maintain a rehabilitation program in line with Defence Policies and Procedures
- Conduct discipline-specific assessments in accordance with individual professional qualifications and complete related reports with clinical justifications as required
- Complete and maintain necessary records
- Evaluate clients' progress and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Test and evaluate clients' physical and mental abilities and analyse medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals
- Liaise with ADF Medical and Military Personnel, as well as off-base Medical Specialists
This is a full-time on-base position, however part-time may be considered.
- $70K - $90K + super (depending on experience)
- On-base position
- Provide rehabilitation services for army cadets
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Social Work, Speech Pathology, Nursing, Rehabilitation Counselling or Exercise Physiology (with ESSA Accreditation)
- Full registration with the appropriate professional registration body
- Previous experience as a Rehabilitation Consultant is desired
- Outstanding communication and networking skills
- Ability to self motivate and self manage workload
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Report writing skills
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.