About the Company:
A Community service providing state-wide high quality services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
Providing services from birth to early intervention and education services to children and their families/carers through to services to adults and the aged, including Home Care, Respite, Community Care, Allied Health, Support Coordination, Supported Accommodation and facility based respite.
About the Role:
The Occupational Therapist (OT) is responsible for providing services for the Short Term Restorative Care (STRC) programme and for assessing and addressing client care needs. As an OT you will contribute to the development and implementation of the STRC programme and its services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community. The OT will also contribute to the effective management of the STRC programme and the smooth running of systems and functions; you will be part of a team, provide training in your area of expertise and ensure targets are met.
The role will be:
- To provide high quality person centred Occupational Therapy service delivery with a diverse client group, including assessment and development of comprehensive goal orientated treatment and care plans, home assessment, equipment prescription and report writing
- To utilise standardised assessment tools and outcome measures.
- To contribute to the supervision of work practices of Allied Health Assistants, Support Workers, clinical students and others providing clinical support ensuring best practice always.
- As a multidisciplinary team member, participate and contribute in care planning, treatment, review and discharge plans.
- To work collaboratively with team members, across various business units, to ensure achievement of organisational goals and the efficient delivery of Occupational Therapy services
- To initiate internal and external referrals for clients.
- To provide current Occupational Therapy resources, education, advice and information to clients and team members
- To actively support and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- To be able to work autonomously
- To assume responsibility for own practice in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety legislation and guidelines
- To identify opportunities to improve Occupational Therapy processes and practice to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- To actively participate in organisational workshops/committees and external networking opportunities as required
- Tertiary Occupational Therapy qualification with current registration with AHPRA
- Current driver’s licence and own car
- Current National Police check (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain one).
- Current DWES (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Above award salary plus car allowance
- Excellent mentoring and professional development.
- Autonomous working environment
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364
Occupational Therapist, occupational therapist, OT, ot, Ot, oT, occupational Therapist, occupational, therapist, community, Community