Our client is a dynamic expanding business, focused on working with people with medical conditions and disabilities that impact on their driving abilities. They are dedicated to working out the best solution for their clients and deliver services with their core values in mind - passion and kindness. Built upon the foundations of strong relationships with vehicle modifiers, driving instructors, funding referrers, LACs and support coordinators, our client is a reputable brand for drivers and passengers with medical conditions and disabilities.
About the Role:
Interested in supporting people to achieve their driving goals? Looking to up-skill? We are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work in a driving assessor role in Brisbane!
Work as a mobile therapist and provide services in client’s homes, generally located between North Brisbane and Northern Gold Coast. In this role, you will be assessing clients with medical conditions or disabilities that impact their abilities to drive. Apply your skills to assess and recommend the best solutions for your clients. Modifications vary across using a restricted licence, to self-driving from a wheelchair, driving with hand and/or foot controls etc.
This position is open to full-time, or part-time 15-20 hours per week, which can potentially suit school hours.
- Flexible and rewarding career
- Supportive team environment
- $4500 driving assessment course allowance
- Fuel allowance
- Phone and assessment tools provide
- Full in-house training
- Professional support
- 4-5 years' experience working as an OT in adult physical/neurological setting, prescribing equipment or home modifications
- AHPRA Registration and OT Australia Member
- OT Driver Assessor training (if you don't have this qualification, training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Motivated with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong ability to establish client and stakeholder networks and relationships
- Eager to learn and develop professionally
- Able to work independently
- Desire to work in a flexible environment
- Strong ability to deliver excellence in clinical work
- Professional indemnity and public liability insurance
- Medicare Provider Number
- National Police Check
- NDIS Commission Worker’s Orientation module certificate
- Current driver’s licence and own reliable car
- Own laptop
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 367 899. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.