About the Company:
A Community and Disability service providing state-wide high quality services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
Providing services from birth to early intervention and education services to children and their families/carers through to services to adults and the aged, including Home Care, Respite, Community Care, Allied Health, Support Coordination, Supported Accommodation and facility based respite.
About the Role:
The Occupational Therapist Coordinator is responsible for providing services for internal and external clients accessing programmes within and external to our clients Community and Disability services.
As an Occupational Therapist you will develop and implement high quality person centred Occupational Therapy services aimed at supporting people to remain independent within the community.
The Occupational Therapist Coordinator is required to lead and supervise a team of Occupational Therapists and is responsible for the effective management of this team and that the Occupational Therapy targets are
The role will be:
- To provide high quality, person centred services to aged clients and clients with disabilities, including assessment and development of comprehensive goal orientated treatment and care plans, manual handling assessment, equipment prescription and report writing.
- To provide a range of intervention strategies to address needs that relate to mobility, exercise, activities of daily living and functional performance.
- To utilise standardised assessment tools and outcome measures.
- Supervision of work practices of Allied Health Assistants, Support Workers, clinical students and others providing clinical support ensuring best practice at all times.
- As a multidisciplinary team member, participate and contribute in care planning, treatment, review and discharge plans.
- To work collaboratively with team members, across various business units, to ensure achievement of organisational goals and the efficient delivery of services
- To initiate internal and external referrals for clients.
- To provide current Occupational Therapy resources, education, advice and information to clients/residents and team members
- To actively support and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- To be able to work autonomously
- To identify opportunities to improve Occupational Therapy processes and practice to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- To actively participate in organisational workshops/committees and external networking opportunities as required.
- Excellent mentoring and professional development
- Attractive salary packaging
- Autonomous working environment
- $1500 yearly PD allowance
- Tertiary Occupational Therapy qualification with current registration with AHPRA
- Current driver’s licence and own car
- Current National Police check (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Current Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain one).
- Current DWES (or a willingness to obtain one)
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and register your expression of interest. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9696 3375. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.