About the Organisation:
Our client's case managers have extensive experience in rehabilitation case management and are senior allied health professionals. They advise and assist children and families, and allied health staff, through the rehabilitation process. Their role is to understand, interpret and demystify the requirements and expectations of kids, their families and allied health staff in all aspects of the rehabilitation process. Our client is committed to ensuring that every child or youth in their care makes progress towards their optimal recovery.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented Allied Health Professional to take on a Senior Paediatric Rehab Case Manager role in Sydney!
- Work in collaboration with the family, child/ adolescent and treating medical teams to assess and establish the current rehab, return to school/study and medical needs;
- Support, assist and guide the family in establishing their child’s rehab needs and timing for different services throughout the rehab continuum;
- In collaboration with the family and child facilitate the development of clear person-centred rehab and life goals and formulate rehabilitation plans for approval by the funding source (insurance body);
- Development of high quality formalised report writing, service requests, service costing throughout the rehab program as appropriate to the insurance scheme in which the child is in;
- Act as the key contact for all rehab related matters in relation to treatment, rehab, care and return to school/ study for the client and their family;
- Ongoing monitoring of progress, reporting and identification of barriers to
recovery throughout the rehab continuum. Problem-solving in collaboration with all involved to overcome obstacles and manage issues to enable to child / young person to move forward.
If you are a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Registered Nurse looking to take the next step up in your career, please apply now!
- $90K - $100K + super
- Excellent mentoring and professional development
- Work from home, full or part-time
- Non-clinical expert case management opportunity
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or Physio with AHPRA registration
- Degree in Social Work or Speech Therapy and full registration
- Minimum 8 years clinical experience working as an OT, Physio, Social Worker or Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with children, adolescents &
- Understanding of traumatic brain injury and its effects on a child/adolescent
- Previous injury rehabilitation experience
- Demonstrated ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, + complex negotiation
- Current unrestricted driver’s license.
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.