Our client is an expert paediatric private practice, who specialise in sensory integration and neurodevelopment. Their passionate and friendly team of therapists provide holistic, evidence-based, and quality services to help children and adolescents achieve their individual health goals.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist to join an expert paediatric private practice in Brisbane!
Join a collaborative team and use your expertise to manage a paediatric caseload in a clinic-based environment. In this role, you will work with children and adolescents from 2-19 years with a variety of needs including being on the autism spectrum, sensory processing difficulties, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, and learning difficulties. Take a sensory-based integration approach towards helping children in their development and supporting parents to encourage their increased functional independence. This role is clinic-based with some school and kindergarten visits.
As a senior therapist, you will also be responsible for providing mentorship and supervision to therapy staff and have a lead role in the development of therapist's skills and knowledge translation within the team. As part of the therapy leadership team, you will work with the team to update therapy service provision; ensure evidence-based practice; and professional development and knowledge translation for all staff.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Competitive negotiable salary
- In-house + external training
- Career progression opportunities available
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Well equipped sensory spaces with the latest sensory equipment
- Postgraduate training, including completion of CLASI Module 1 and 2
- Registration with AHPRA
- Previous paediatric experience using a Sensory Integration treatment approach
- Advanced/specialist clinical skills using a variety of treatment approaches
- Further training in NDT, Therapeutic Listening and Wilbarger Therapressure technique would be at a distinct advantage
- A passion for working with Sensory Processing difficulties
- Strong work ethic
- Warm, friendly and positive attitude
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Clare Jones (B Occ Thy) - email@example.com or 0402 367 899. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.