MediRecruit is seeking Doctors in Training or Registrars for an Emergency Department west of Brisbane.
The Principal House Officer/Registrar is expected to participate in the provision, development and maintenance of an effective, efficient and equitable clinical service to hospital clients and to contribute to the continual upgrading of medical education and dissemination of knowledge to staff and patients.
About the Role/Department:
- The Emergency department sees over 61 000 patients per year. Approximately 25% of presentations are paediatric with a majority seen in a dedicated Paediatric Emergency Unit.
- The case mix has a high acuity, and is quite varied with trauma and acute medical and surgical presentations.
- Emergency Department medical staff have access to a regular structured teaching programme during protected teaching time, with supervision and on the floor training from SMO and Consultant medical staff.
- The Hospital has on site Medical, Surgical, ENT, Orthopaedic, Obstetric/Gynaecology, Paediatric and Psychiatric services with some sub specialty cover. Senior Medical Officers are on the floor from 8am until 11pm 7 days per week, and on call overnight.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- General AHPRA Registration
- Eligible for Registration via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Previous Emergency Medicine experience