MediRecruit is seeking a Regional Manager for Workers' Compensation. You will be responsible for the delivery of workers’ compensation decisions and benefits to employees with a work related injury and ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory obligations.
About the Role:
The Regional Manager Workers’ Compensation is responsible for leading a team that manages workers’ compensation claims across a number of facilities and states. You’ll provide leadership, expert workers’ compensation advice and guidance to a team of claims staff, senior operational management, injured employees and other internal and external stakeholders including Comcare, staff associations, legal representatives and medical practitioners.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Lead and manage the day to day activity of a team of claims managers.
- Provide advice and direction to Claims Managers in relation to the formulation of individual claims management strategies
- Assist with the development and implementation of the workers’ compensation operational plans and strategic objectives.
- In collaboration with the Rehabilitation, Litigation and Strategic teams, formulate risk management interventions to reduce the impact of workplace injuries.
- Assist the identification and solutions to improve injury management processes
- Improve the workers’ compensation service offering and experience for the injured employee.
- Provide advice and direction to Claims Managers in relation to the formulation of claims management strategies
- Build and support team capability in decision making, through coaching, mentoring and motivating teams and external providers (as required) to deliver on strategic and operational goals.
- Act as a proactive change agent to drive efficiency and productivity across the workers’ compensation team.
- Management of employee workers’ compensation function within a large complex organisational structure
- Exposure to industry best practice models and implementation of such models
- Ability to lead and motivate employees for high performance
- Management of stakeholder relationships including employee unions, staff, government and community
- Ability to build collaboration across teams and influence change across the Injury Management team
- Detailed understanding of the SRC Act and regulatory environment, the workers’ compensation and rehabilitation management systems
- Knowledge of self-insurance licensing and compliance requirements
For more information, contact email@example.com
For more information, please apply via your CV, and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion.