In Episode 20, Danielle chats with Nathan Cornish-Raley, Speech Pathologist and Professional Support Advisor at Speech Pathology Australia. Nathan outlines his background as a Speech Pathologist and working at Speech Pathology Australia and discusses all the benefits for student, graduate, early and late career Speech Pathologist in joining SPA.
Season 1 is dedicated to new graduate and early career therapists who are entering the professional workforce for the very first time and are looking to navigate a career pathway in health.
Season 1 Episode list below:
1. Introducing Allied Health Podcast with Danielle Weedon, Physiotherapist and Clare Jones, Occupational Therapist
2. Top 10 Tips – What to look for in a Role as a Graduate or Early Career Allied Health Professional
3. Q&A with Daniela Radosevic, 2020 Masters Graduate Speech Pathologist working in Community Disability/ NDIS
4. Student to Health Professional: Being ‘Professional’ Ready!
5. The Recruitment Process and Working with MediRecruit
6. Cover Letter, CV and Referees in a nutshell
7. Q&A with Mia Pearn, 2020 Graduate Occupational Therapist working in Paediatric Private Practice
8. Q&A with Keely Wilson, 2019 Physiotherapy graduate working in Private Practice and Pilates
9. Interviewing – Ultimate guide to interview success
10. Dissecting an Allied Health Employment Contract
11. Q&A with Kathryn Clare, 2020 Graduate Physiotherapist working in Paediatric Disability
12. Superannuation – All you need to know as a Therapy Graduate!
13. Professional Indemnity Insurance – Do I need this as an Allied Health graduate?
14. Working in the UK as an Allied Health Professional
15. Joining your professional body Occupational Therapy Australia, Australian Physiotherapy Association, Speech Pathology Australia and other bodies
16. How to dress for success in an Allied Health Interview, and creating a functional, professional wardrobe for your Allied Health Job. Hear it from the expert, Chelsea Brice, Personal Stylist!
17. Australian Physiotherapy Association – Leanne Kerr from the APA discusses all the benefits for student, graduate, early and late career Physiotherapists in joining your professional body.
18. Occupational Therapy Australia – Sarah Jones, OT and Professional Practice Advisor at OT Australia, discusses her OT career pathway as well as the benefits of joining OTA as a member.
19. Protecting your mental health and preventing burnout in your graduate years – Interview with Claire Ebstein, Physiotherapist and Safety Professional.
20. Speech Pathology Australia – Nathan Cornish-Raley, Speech Pathologist and Professional Support Advisor at SPA outlines his career pathway and discusses the benefits of joining the membership body.